Wednesday, June 18, 2014

July 16, 2008, the best/worst day of my life.

NOTE: This is NOT to diss anyone in my past! Also, I'm not trying to get pity or whine about not having a guy in my life. I'm where God wants me to be & whoever is supposed to be in my life right now is already here. :)


Six years ago today, I began the biggest trial I’ve had to face so far.

I was sitting in a little church in Georgia, and there was a boy sitting in the back who wouldn’t quit staring at me. We were down there for revival, & he stared at me every service. It really creeped me out. He kept trying to talk to me & get my phone number, but I didn’t want anything to do with him. Well, he grew on me & I gave him my number Friday before I headed home. We were 14 & I had never had a boyfriend before, so I was over the clouds. We ended up having the most toxic relationship I’ve ever seen. Neither of us was good for each other. It turned into “You hurt me, so I’m going to hurt you.” It was all about getting even. We would break up, then get back together, then break up again. I would get mad because he would talk to girls. He would talk to more because it got such a reaction. We should’ve ended it before it got so bad, but we had so many memories that I just couldn’t leave. I don’t really know why he stayed. This went on for 5 & ½ years. I turned into a horrible person. I didn’t trust anybody. Girls were competition. I started doing things that I regret now. Nobody liked being around us. (People thought it was all me. That was NOT true, but I’m not getting into that.)

One day, I just got tired of it all & stopped talking to him. I am so glad that I finally got sense enough to do that. He has a girlfriend now, and I’m glad. I want him to be happy.

In the time since him, I have gotten so much closer to my friends. I’ve had more time with my family, & gotten closer to them. I’ve had time to do what I want & not have to worry about upsetting someone. I’m glad that I have such awesome people around me that I know will be there when I need them. I’m turning into a person I can actually be proud of being. The past shapes us into the person we are. Even if the past was bad, we can take it & learn from it. I think I’ve started to do that. For that, I’m thankful. :)